Data Centres and Network Security: two new T Mobile services now offered to large enterprises
- The ProfiNet solution for large enterprises now extended with two new services
- Saving of investment and operating IT costs
- Comprehensive IT solution provided by one supplier
Prague, 7 September 2011 – T-Mobile is enhancing its offer of ICT services for large corporate customers with two new services provided within the ProfiNet solution: Data Centre and Network Security. Corporate customers thus have the possibility to purchase not only telecommunications but also comprehensive IT services from one supplier – T-Mobile – and also to save significant amounts of money on their own investments in ICT.
“We have registered growing interest of our customers in services such as data centres and network security and have therefore decided to include them in our portfolio,” says Vaclav Stepan, Vice President Business Marketing at T-Mobile, adding: “Our ProfiNet solution now covers all important ICT services which are demanded from T-Mobile by customers in the large enterprises segment.”
Companies are now provided a new possibility to reduce their IT costs. The Data Centre service, which is part of the ProfiNet solution, allows hosting computer servers in a secured environment, which can also be connected to the internet.
Customers wishing to purchase this new service can choose from several different alternatives, including combinations thereof:
- Server housing – leasing of space for placing the company's own server on a data centre rack;
- Rack housing – leasing of an entire rack in a data centre;
- Dedicated server – leasing of not only space in a data centre but also a server as such;
- Virtual server – leasing of a part of server capacity thanks to SW division: one server can thus be shared by several users.
- Data space – additional service, ordering of data space for data storage.
Customers can use data centres in Prague and Brno, with a total area of more than 1,000 m2, which offer high-capacity connection to the high-speed fibre-optic backbone network and to the internet, featuring a high level of physical security, non-stop operation monitoring and 24-hour access to the data centre.
The other new addition to the ProfiNet solution is Network Security, which serves in particular to protect company computer networks. The service offers the following features:
- Proxy server – allowing secure access to the internet for users;
- E-mail protection – anti-virus measures, anti-spam filters, blocking of unsolicited attachments;
- User terminal protection – protection of desktops and notebooks;
- User terminal backup – local or remote backup.
The solution helps increase data security, allowing companies to use modern technologies tailored to their needs without having to invest large amounts of money.
About the Company
T-Mobile Czech Republic has been operating in the Czech market since 1996. As at 31 March 2013, nearly 5.6 million customers were using T-Mobile’s mobile services; T-Mobile thus remains the number-one operator in the Czech mobile market. T-Mobile is an integrated operator: in addition to mobile and fixed-line telecommunications services, it offers ICT and T-Mobile TV satellite television services.
T-Mobile has long focused on the quality of its services. Independent tests have repeatedly confirmed that T-Mobile is the quality leader in 2G and 3G (UMTS FDD) data services, as well as in GSM voice services. Since its establishment, the company has placed emphasis on excellent customer service and proper conduct towards business partners, employees and the environment. T-Mobile has received, among other awards, Employer of the Year, Employer of the Decade, Company of the Year: Equal Opportunities, and the VIA Bona award for the involvement of its employees in philanthropic and volunteer activities. In 2012, the magazine World Finance named T-Mobile Czech Republic the Best Wireless Telecoms Provider in Eastern Europe.
T-Mobile is a member of the international telecommunications group Deutsche Telekom. Thanks to the group’s international presence, customers can count on the worldwide availability of their favourite services and enjoy uniform, favourable prices of calls when abroad.